1. Protecting your privacy
This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that we collect, and the ways in which we use that personal information.
Your privacy is important to us. We comply with the Privacy Act 1988 when we handle personal information, which contains 13 Australian Privacy Principles for how we must handle your personal information, including how you can request access to, and correction of, that information. Detailed information can be found on the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
2. Meaning of words
- “you” refers to:
- any individual who uses the Website or the Product; and
- any entity which uses the Website or the Product;
- “Product” refers to all information and content provided by us from time to time and includes our assessment tools and related materials;
- “related body corporate” has the meaning given in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth);
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa.
3. Your personal information
“Personal information” is information about an individual who is either identified in the information or their identity can be ascertainable from it. It includes information and opinions obtained from the individual or from a third party.
When you use the Product, your personal information is collected and held by us.
4. How your personal information is used
We do not ordinarily collect any information about you except where you provide it to us, or it is provided to us with your consent. In general, we do not use or disclose personal information collected about you other than for:
- a purpose you would reasonably expect;
- a purpose required or permitted by law; or
- a purpose otherwise disclosed to you or for which you have consented.
Your personal information may be used by us to:
- verify your identity;
- price and design products and services;
- assist you to subscribe to products and services;
- provide the products and services you require;
- provide you access to the Product;
- notify you of new or changed services;
- arrange for the products and services you require to be provided by third party service providers;
- manage our relationship with you;
- administer, improve and manage their products and services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- research and develop our products and services;
- gain an understanding of your needs in order to provide you with a better service and products;
- assist with the resolution of technical support issues or other issues relating to the Product and our services;
- carry out marketing or training;
- comply with the laws and regulations in applicable jurisdictions; and
- maintain and develop their business systems and infrastructure.
5. Disclosures of personal information
We may exchange your information with our related bodies corporate. We and our related bodies corporate may use this information for any of the purposes mentioned in section 4.
We may also disclose personal information about you, as appropriate, to:
- our employees, assignees, agents, referred service providers, contractors and external advisers;
- organisations which verify your identity;
- your agents, advisers, referees, executor, administrator, trustee, the beneficiary of any trust of which you are a trustee, your guardian, attorney or franchisor;
- law enforcement, regulatory and government bodies;
- anyone who introduces you to us;
- your and our auditors, insurers or prospective insurers and their underwriters;
- any person we consider necessary to execute your instructions; and
- other organisations (and their agents) with whom we have arrangements for the supply and marketing of our respective products and services, unless you ‘opt out’ of marketing (see below).
6. Marketing ‘opt out’
If at any time you do not wish to receive further marketing information, you may ask us not to send you any further information about services and not to disclose your information to other organisations for that purpose. You may do this by contacting us here.
7. Personal information about third parties
8. Maintaining the accuracy of your information
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If you believe that personal information that we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, please contact us here and we will take all reasonable steps to correct the information.
9. Accessing your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know by contacting us here. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. We may also charge a fee for giving you access to your personal information and will try to deal with your request within a reasonable time.
10. Security & the Internet
We maintain strict procedures and standards and take all reasonable steps to prevent unauthorised access to, or unauthorised modification or disclosure of, your personal information and to protect it from misuse or loss.
However, we do not guarantee that information sent over the internet is secure.
11. Cookies on our website and Software
Cookies may collect and store personal information about you. We extend the same privacy protection to your personal information, whether gathered via cookies or from other sources. You can adjust your device settings to disable cookies or to warn you when cookies are being used, however this may affect the availability and functionality of the services offered through the Software.
13. Contacting us